Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, March 28, 2009

My First 5K!

I walked/Ran my first ever 5 k today and it was so much fun. It was a bit chilly this morning at 7:30am when we got there but it soon warmed up. I did the ALS 5 K with my two best girls. Our other best girl Christi was in charge of the whole thing and I am so glad I went and could support her cause. She lost her Grandpa to ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) and they did a fundraiser 5 k to raise money. Thanks Christi for inviting us. I even won a prize at the raffle drawing a runners ID Bracelet Gift Certificate. So cool! I never win. Andi and I finished 48:42:49 yeah for us. I am just glad I went and finished! Sara did 36 minutes she ran most of it though. Good job girls love ya. Thanks for the memories. I have to blog about our dinner last night as well I wish I had photos dang it. Sara and I kidnapped our visiting teachers and took them to Don Pedro's a Mexican restaurant for their Birthdays. Julie's was yesterday and Kasey's today. I had such a good time we talked and laughed so much it was a great night. Happy Birthday Girls. We love you! Hope you have a great day. I am off to tackle the garage before Logan's Soccer Game at 3:00 pm. Hope you all have a wonderful day, it is beautiful outside the sun is shining and I am going out to enjoy it. Love Des

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Way to go girls! What fun!

MillerTime said...

You go girl!!! There's a 10k coming up ... run 4 kids, be there or be square!!! I think it also has a 1k and 5k, Andi knows about it

Tina said...

Woot! Woot! Way to go Desi!

Christi said...

Hey Des! I'm so proud of you! What a fun day (just wish I could have hung out more with you girls instead of working so much!) Look forward to seeing you at more 5ks!